Using the Narakeet Command-line Tool
For users that want to build videos from their command line, or integrate Narakeet into custom build tools, we provide a convenient command-line utility that can upload your files to Narakeet and execute text-to-speech and video build workflows.
- Installing the command line tool
- Upgrading from a previous version:
- Getting your API Key
- Selecting a project type (video/audio)
- More information
The command line tool requires Node.js version 12 or higher, and NPM version 6 or higher.
Installing the command line tool
To install the client using NPM, run the following command
npm i -g @narakeet/api-client
Upgrading from a previous version:
To upgrade from a previous version using NPM, run the following command
npm i -g @narakeet/api-client@latest
Getting your API Key
To use the command-line tool, you will need a Narakeet API key.
For information on how to get a key, check out our guide on Managing API Keys.
Provide this key to the command-line utility using the
Selecting a project type (video/audio)
The Narakeet command-line tool can create video or audio files; video builds can be more complex and contain external resources. Audio builds are much faster (seconds instead of minutes), but they only support simple scripts and do not allow including external resources.
You can select the project type by providing
- Build videos (default, or use
- Build audio files (use
Use the audio project type for text-to-speech conversion. Use the video project type for everything else.
For examples, configuration options and documentation about individual project types, check out the following two pages:
- Building videos using the Narakeet Command-line Tool
- Text to speech using the Narakeet Command-line Tool
In case of problems, run the command with
--verbose and it will print out a lot more information about the work.
- For general API limitations and pricing, see Automating audio/video production.
- See the Narakeet API client GitHub page for more information on the API client.
- If you want to program your own flows, or integrate Narakeet into your software, check out Text to Speech API guide for information on creating audio files or the Markdown to Video API guide for more information on creating video files.